Saturday, April 12, 2008

Robbie Nevil - C'est La Vie




C'est La Vie | Robbie Nevil



One of my favorite songs of all time, C'est La Vie by Robbie Nevil, has new meaning this week as I find myself unemployed as I walked out of my job this week and still feeling positive about my life in general. The feeling of this extended remix version is how I'm feeling at this moment.

As for the job . . . that's just the way it goes.



About the song . . .

The infectious C'est La Vie blasted onto the international music scene in 1986 and made it to #1 on the U.S. Hot Dance Club Play and #2 on the US Billboard Hot 100.  Internationally, in the top 5 of pop charts in the UK, Canada, Italy, Belgium, Sweden, Australia and others.  

Robbie Nevil's album was one of the biggest debut albums of 1986.  

As I remember, it was on heavy rotation on MTV . . . a clear indication of a successful song.

After his explosive debut to the music industry as a singer, it turned out that Nevil preferred writing and producing for others such as Babyface, Jessica Simpson, Destiny's Child, "Hannah Montana" and High School Musical.





C'est La Vie | Lyrics

Got a job

that's okay



but they've got me workin' night and day.

Punchin' in

punchin' out



is this really what life's all about?

What you are gonna do

what you are gonna feel? I don't know.

What you ore gonna feel

what you are gonna do?

Won't someone tell me?

What you wanna say

what you wanna do



there's only one thing left to say.

What you wanna do

what you wanna say.



C'est la vie

c'est la vie -

That's just the way it goes - That's right!

C'est la vie

c'est la vie -

That's just the way it goes - That's right!


Baby's gone all alone

are you sad because you're on your own?

Get back up

party down

there's so many good ones still around.

What you are gonna do

what you are gonna feel? I don't know.

What you are gonna feel

what you are gonna do?

Won't someone tell me?

What you wanna say

what you wanna do



I guess there's just one thing to say.



C'est la vie

c'est la vie -

That's just the way it goes - That's right! . . .



Hey

it's J.J.

what you been doin'?

You say your car broke down

the thing just isn't movin'.

Say J.J.

don't you know when you're down

there's just one way to go



And that's singin'

C'est la vie

c'est la vie -

That's just the way it goes - That's right! . . .

C'est la vie

c'est la vie -

That's just the way it goes - That's right! . . .

C'est la vie

c'est la vie -

That's just the way it goes - That's right! . . .

No comments: