Sunday, April 13, 2008

Overprotected ~ Britney Spears







We have seen so many other celebrities lose their identity and find themselves lost in the midst of tremendous success that leads to them spiraling out of control. I've often wondered if I could handle it. Do you think you could?

Music and songwriting was my first career ambition in life . . . maybe fear of failure kept me from pursuing that career as an adult. More than ever, I'm beginning to believe that it is success itself that I had a fear of . . . could be not the success itself, but what comes with it . . . listen to the words of this song and look at Britney's life.

What promise she brought with her beauty, charm and talent as a little girl in the hands of the Disney gurus . . . a role model for a new generation. It seemed as though she was living the charmed life . . . listen to the words of this song and look at her now.

My music collection includes just about everything she has ever recorded . . . she is a phenomenal talent despite what has occurred in her life. The cliche about the media is so true . . . they love to create the star to destroy the star . . . it makes them money and creates headlines and attention for everyone concerned.

At what cost? Listen to the words of this song . . . it is so sad . . .

As a big fan of Britney Spears, it saddens me to watch the media circus that has recently surrounded her and I can only pray that she finds the peace that she desperately needs in her life.

It goes to show you this . . . fame, fortune and money don't buy peace, love and happiness . . . life is what you make of what you've got. Learn from Britney's life lesson that just may change the course of her life for the better.

Love ya Brit . . . your true fans are still with you.





Overprotected | Lyrics

[Spoken:]
I need time (time)
Love (love)
Joy (joy)
I need space
I need me
(Action!)

Say hello to the girl that I am!
You're gonna have to see through my perspective
I need to make mistakes just to learn who I am
And I don't wanna be so damn protected
There must be another way
Cause I believe in taking chances
But who am I to say
What a girl is to do
God, I need some answers

What am I to do with my life
(You will find out don't worry)
How Am I supposed to know what's right?
(You just got to do it your way)
I can't help the way I feel
But my life has been so overprotected

I tell 'em what I like
What I want
What I don't
But every time I do I stand corrected
Things that I've been told
I can't believe what I hear about the world, I realize
I'm Overprotected

There must be another way
Cause I believe in taking chances
But who am I to say
What a girl is to do
God I need some answers

What am I to do with my life
(You will find out don't worry)
How Am I supposed to know what's right?
(You just got to do it your way)
I can't help the way I feel
But my life has been so overprotected

I need time (love)
I need space
(This is it, this is it)

I don't need nobody
Tellin' me just what I wanna
What I what what I'm gonna
Do about my destiny
I Say No, No
Nobody tell me just what what what I wanna do, do
I'm so fed up with people telling me to be
Someone else but me

(Action!)

What am I to do with my life
(You will find out don't worry)
How Am I supposed to know what's right?
(You just got to do it your way)
I can't help the way I feel
But my life has been so overprotected

I don't need nobody
Tellin' me just what I wanna
What I what what I'm gonna
Do about my destiny
I Say No, No
Ain't nobody tell me just what I wanna do, do
I'm so fed up with people telling me to be
Someone else but me

What am I to do with my life
(You will find out don't worry)
How Am I supposed to know what's right?
(You just got to do it your way)
I can't help the way I feel
But my life has been so overprotected.

No comments: