Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Sophie Ellis-Bextor ~ Yes Sir . . . I Can Boogie



"Yes Sir, I Can Boogie" is a 1977 hit single by the Spanish vocal duo Baccara which was a major hit across Europe, but never charted in the United States.


Sophie Ellis-Bextor also performed the song live and recorded a studio version for the B-Side of her single "I Won't Change You" from her second album "Shoot from the Hip" (2003).


This is my favorite song from Sophie!  Why are most of my favorites B-Sides?  I wonder . . . 


Goldfrapp also did a cover of the song using altered lyrics . . .


Here is my video tribute to both Sophie and the song . . .




4 comments:

Jen M said...

Thanks for posting this! I love Sophie, but have forgotten about her since my move to Canada

Rumtruffle said...

Hi,
I found while blog hopping, it was nice to come across a blog with a different theme, feel free to pop and see me
Helen
-x-
www.acraftykindoftruffle.blogspot.com

2 Kids and a Coupon said...

Following you from the Tuesday blog hop one day late.

www.twokidsandacoupon.com

Jaime said...

I'm Following
Doing some blog hopping today via Relax & Surf Sunday
would love for you to stop by my blog
Copper Llama Studio
http://copperllamastudio.blogspot.com/