Sunday, October 24, 2010

The Cars reunited!!



Ric Ocasek and the Cars Reunite, 
Work on New Album

The band has posted a new song, ‘Blue Tip,’ online, with footage from recent studio sessions

By Daniel Kreps
Rolling Stone Magazine


Photo Credit: Richard E. Aaron/Redferns/Getty


Oct 22, 2010 12:51 PM EDT



The rumors floating around since July have finally been confirmed: After a 23-year break, the Cars have reunited with original frontman/songwriter Ric Ocasek and are working on their first album together since 1987's Door to Door. On on their Facebook page the band recently posted a 73-second clip of themselves in the studio working on a new track called "Blue Tip," and Billboard reports that the Cars are recording a new album and may be planning tour dates.

In July the Cars hinted at a possible reunion with Ocasek, who previously said he'd never take part in one, when they posted a photo of the four surviving bandmembers together in a Boston studio.

In 2005, keyboardist Greg Hawkes and guitarist Elliot Easton launched the New Cars with Todd Rundgren at the microphone, but that project ended in 2007.

Any hopes for a full Cars reunion ended in 2000 when bassist-singer Benjamin Orr passed away from pancreatic cancer. The Cars' official website is currently "under construction," so more information is likely to come.









8 comments:

Liz said...

New follower from sss, hope you can stop by and follow back. Thanks!

http://chalkboardstostrollers.blogspot.com/p/todays-blog-hops.html

Gina Alfani said...

Hey Liz . . . thanks for following . . . I'm following you back :-)

Nancy said...

I am a new follower. I hope you will follow me back.
Nancy
www.findingblessingsineverydaylife.blogspot.com

Gina Alfani said...

Thanks for following my blog Nancy . . . I love your blog!

Debbie Does Coupons said...

Love your blog!
I am a new follower from Say Hi Sunday blog hop. I hope you will visit me and follow back at http://debbiedoescoupons.com

Jenilee said...

New Follower here!

I would love if you could follow me back! :)

Six in the Nest
http://6inthenest.blogspot.com

Show Me Mama said...

I am your new follower. You can follow me back at http://showmemama.com. Make sure you leave a comment so I know you visited.
Have a great day and Happy Thanksgiving :)

Melissa Jackson said...

I am your newest follower!

I would love a follow back!

www.imlivingthethriftylife.blogspot.com

Thank you!