Sunday, June 22, 2008

Love Song - The Cure



Lovesong ~ The Cure


In my opinion, this is the ultimate love song and my favorite song from The Cure, a group who started releasing songs back in the late 70's and approached the millennium as one of the most popular New Wave/Alternative Rock groups in the world . . . and one of my favorite groups.

The Cure lead singer Robert Smith originally wrote this as a wedding present for his fiancée, Mary, shortly before their marriage. WOW it doesn't get any more romantic than that . . . how sweet :)

The song was released in 1989 from the album "Disintegration". Love Song peaked at #2 on the US Billboard Hot 100 chart and #18 on the UK charts, making it the group's most commercially successful single to date.

The acoustic version of the song is loaded in the player . . . my favorite version of this song!




Love Song | The CureLyrics

whenever I'm alone with you
you make me feel like i am home again
whenever i'm alone with you
you make me feel like i am whole again
whenever i'm alone with you
you make me feel like i am young again
whenever i'm alone with you
you make me feel like i am fun again
however far away i will always love you
however long i stay i will always love you
whatever words i say i will always love you
i will always love you
whenever i'm alone with you
you make me feel like i am free again
whenever i'm alone with you
you make me feel like i am clean again
however far away
i will always love you
however long i stay
i will always love you
whatever words i say
i will always love you
i will always love you





No comments: