Sunday, June 15, 2008

Apologize - OneRepublic/Timbaland remix





OneRepublic ~ Apologize



OneRepublic's song, "Apologize," was prominently featured on Timbaland's 2007 release, Shock Value. The song was released as the single in its original form on the band's album, debut. In addition, the single has gone 3x Platinum (marking three million copies sold in the U.S) and 5 million copies worldwide. It peaked at number three on the U.K. Official Top 40 Week on November 11, 2007. The song is the biggest radio airplay hit in the history of Top 40 radio in North America, racking up an astounding 10,693 spins in one week, breaking the previous record by 370 spins.

The band performed "Apologize" live on Fox's So You Think You Can Dance on August 2, 2007, and with Timbaland on an episode of One Life to Live in October 2007. It was also played at the end of the three television shows-- Cold Case episode "Sabotage," Smallville's "Hero," Hollyoaks and Gossip Girl episode "Hi, Society." They performed "Stop and Stare" and "Mercy" live on the Smallville episode, "Hero," which aired March 13, 2008. On May 21, 2008, the band appeared on the American Idol Season 7 finale performing a duet of "Apologize" with finalist David Archuleta.

The band is generally known for their collaboration with producer Timbaland, specifically for his remix of their song, "Apologize." Tedder also reciprocated by remixing Timbaland's "The Way I Are," drastically changing the song's vibe by adding a rock vibe into the synth-driven melody.

Timbaland seems to have the magic touch . . .



Apologize | Lyrics

I'm holding on your rope,
Got me ten feet off the ground
I'm hearin what you say but I just can't make a sound
You tell me that you need me
Then you go and cut me down, but wait
You tell me that you're sorry
Didn't think I'd turn around, and say...

It's too late to apologize, it's too late
I said it's too late to apologize, it's too late

I'd take another chance, take a fall
Take a shot for you
And I need you like a heart needs a beat
But it's nothin new
I loved you with a fire red-
Now it's turning blue, and you say...
"Sorry" like the angel heaven let me think was you
But I'm afraid...

It's too late to apologize, it's too late
I said it's too late to apologize, it's too late

Bridge (guitar/piano)

It's too late to apologize, it's too late
I said it's too late to apologize, it's too late
It's too late to apologize, yeah
I said it's too late to apologize, yeah-
I'm holdin on your rope, got me ten feet off the ground


No comments: