Wednesday, December 26, 2007

Madonna . . . I Deserve It








She is one of my favorite musicians . . . if not my favorite.

There is so much to say about Madonna without the tabloid stuff. What inspires me about Madonna aside from her obvious talent is her drive and ambition to do what she set out to do. I've seen the early clips of Madonna arrogantly saying "I wanna be a big star".
She wanted it, she could taste it, she knew it would happen and went for it.

"I Deserve It" is one of my favorite Madonna song even though it is not the high energy music that I love so much from Madonna. It is the mood and the words of the song that I can relate to. There have been times that something good happens and I am in such a deliriously happy mood that I have to listen to this song and it enhances my happiness.

Yeah, I know, I'm a little crazy about music, but my memories are wrapped up in the music and certain moods must reside in certain songs. This is one of them . . .






"I Deserve It"
Madonna


This guy was meant for me
And I was meant for him
This guy was dreamt for me
And I was dreamt for him

This guy has danced for me
And I have danced for him
This guy has cried for me
And I have cried for him

Chorus:

Many miles, many roads I have traveled
Fallen down on the way
Many hearts, many years have unraveled
Leading up to today

This guy has prayed for me
And I have prayed for him
This guy was made for me
And I was made for him

(chorus)

I have no regrets
There's nothing to forget
All the pain was worth it

Not running from the past
I tried to do what's best
I know that I deserve it

(chorus, repeat)

And I thank you



And I thank you Madonna.
This is an awesome acoustic live version of the song
with Madonna on acoustic guitar . . . one of my favorite videos.







No comments: