Thursday, December 27, 2007

Mariah Carey - Vision of Love








This song is all about happy memories for me. I was happily married, happy in my career, JR and I were working hard and playing hard taking our monthly mini-vacations, entertaining like crazy and enjoying life to the fullest. Sweet destiny indeed and wow . . . I was a very blessed lady!

Guess you could say this song represents the best time of my life. When I think of love as it should be, this is my vision of love . . . the memories I have of a beautiful life with my Prince Charming whose life ended way too soon. A long awaited love that was my sweet destiny after a very hard time in my young life with so many obstacles.

As I wait for sweet destiny to find me again, feeling like deja vu all over again with obstacles regarding love, this song and the memories it brings restores my faith and hope because of a time when I believed it could and it did.

This song marked the debut of the one of the most beautiful voices of an angel that I have ever heard . . . and the introduction of a beautiful young lady named Mariah Carey who came on the scene and dazzled us with this song and that voice and has become one of our premiere song divas in the pop music world.



Vision of Love
Mariah Carey
Lyrics


Treated me kind
Sweet destiny
Carried me through desperation
To the one that was waiting for me
It took so long
Still I believed
Somehow the one that I needed
Would find me eventually

I had a vision of love
And it was all that you’ve given to me
Prayed through the nights
Felt so alone
Suffered from alienation
Carried the weight on my own
Had to be strong
So I believed
And now I know I’ve succeeded
In finding the place I conceived
I had a vision of love
And it was all that you’ve given to me
I had a vision of love
And it was all that you’ve given me
I’ve realized a dream
And I visualized
The love that came to be
Feel so alive
I’m so thankful that I’ve received
The answer that heaven has sent down to me
You treated me kind
Sweet destiny
And I’ll be eternally grateful
Holding you so close to me
Prayed through the nights
So faithfully
Knowing the one that I needed
Would find me eventually
I had a vision of love
And it was all that you’ve given to me
I had a vision of love
And it was all that you turned out to be



No comments: