Wednesday, April 22, 2009

The Cars . . . Cruiser



The clip is from The Cars "Shake It Up" Tour . . . performing one of my favorite Cars songs Cruiser, with my favorite musician Ben Orr singing the lead.

This one is from The Cars "Heartbeat City" Tour which was released on VHS in the mid-1980s . . . awesome tour! I just about wore the tape out.





Do you ever pay attention to song lyrics? This song has some quirky and cute lyrics like "glitter bombs that beat the beat" . . . my interpretation is the whirlwind of a glamourous and famous lifestyle. Ric Ocasek is great at writing those way out eclectic lyrics.

I'm easily amused . . .



Cruiser | The Cars
Lyrics


big city noise disappears
sucker punch is in your heart
light is reason light is due
my shape is shapeless in your suit
chrome red eyeballs reflect and roll
simple sun is slowly sinking
roman shoes and pretty hats
glitter bombs that beat the beat
you comb the night 'cause you're a cruiser
and you never get enough
when you're cruising down the street
and you're chasing off the heat
when you're on the moonlight run
floating jets and big vignettes
get the treatment grab a cab
set aside the screaming fish
tell the world why you're so glad
flip the switches pull the plug
you always wait for better news
you need a hit you need a slug
you don't easily get amused

2 comments:

CyberCelt said...

I had to dig up the earphones that came with my laptop so I could listen. My external speakers do not work. The Cars rocked in concert. Happy Monday.

Bring Back Pluto said...

Gina,
One of my all time favorite bands...THE CARS......!!!

It was fun to walk down memory lane with your posts.

Bring Back Pluto
"ONE of THE GUYS"