Friday, January 6, 2012

Madonna with Gogol Bordello . . . La Isla Bonita



La Isla Bonita is one of my favorite songs from Madonna.  In my music collection, I must have at least 20 versions of the song . . . some of the remixes are awesome, some not so great.



But I have never seen or heard the song done as the version with Gogol Bordello . . . it is in a class all its own . . . and of course, I love it!  Gypsy style :)

The first video is one that I created, using a studio version edited with concert footage from the Sticky N Sweet concert . . . very festive, good-time music!  The choreography is awesome . . . Madonna never lets me down!












9 comments:

Dolly's Daily Diary said...

I love that song too, thanks for sharing these versions. I have seen her 3 times in concert and her shows are amazing. One time I was in the third row!! I am excited to see her perform at the Superbowl too.
Janet :)

Gina Alfani said...

Janet I'm jealous!! She is one of my all time favorites :) I've always wanted to go to a Madonna concert, but have not gotten around to it. 3rd row . . . WOW!

Dolly's Daily Diary said...

She is my favorite, ever since the 80's. You may still get a chance to see her because she is releasing another album, and she usually tours with each one. I had to join her fan club to get into her advance ticket purchasing and that's how I got the third row, I'm so glad I did because it was definitely worth it! So if you hear she's going on tour you will now know what to do to get good seats!
Janet :)

Gina Alfani said...

I've been a fan since the 80's too :)

Thanks for the information . . . hopefully I will have the chance to see her in concert!

Joyce Lansky said...

It's funny to see that "old" lady still performing... and looking great.

Joyce
http://joycelansky.blogspot.com

Gina Alfani said...

She's definitely an inspiration!

Dolly's Daily Diary said...

Hi Gina, I enjoy your blog so much that I posted an award for you on my DDD blog! If you don't accept awards that is fine too, I just wanted to recognize you and this blog! I also enjoy all your other blogs as well.
Have a great day,
Janet :)

Gina Alfani said...

Thank you Janet!

unikorna said...

Congrats on the Versatile award from Janet, kisses :). Kisses lady Gina :).