Tuesday, March 1, 2011

David Gilmour of Pink Floyd



David possesses all the ingredients of a major rock star.  His awesome vocals and guitar playing had a huge impact on The Dark Side of the Moon, the third most successful album of all time. In addition, his song writing ability was a huge part of Pink Floyd's worldwide success of the 1970s.

Several decades later, he's still rockin' us . . . David Gilmour is timeless!

David Gilmour's Official Website

I've chosen two videos that represent two distinctively different eras of David Gilmour . . . I really love the second video of the young David and the song "Smile" . . .







Smile | Lyrics
(Gilmour / Samson)

Would this do
To make it all right
While sleep has taken you
Where I'm out of sight

I'll make my getaway
Time on my own
Search for a better way
To find my way home
To your smile

Wasting days and days
On this night
Always down and up
Half the night

Hopeless to reminise
Through the dark hours
We'll only sacrifice
What time will allow us
You're sighing... sighing

All alone
Though you're right here
Now it's time to go
From your sad stare

Make my getaway
Time on my own
Needing a better way
To find my way home
To your smile


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

He's my fave. His musical ability is stellar, but his lyrics...rather shallow. Of course Roger Waters would be the exact opposite:)

Catherine said...

Thank you so much for sharing these video's...Needless to say I loved it..I love Pink Floyd...the voice..guitar..the lyrics..the looks...I could go on and on...I guess you can tell I love them...Blessings, Catherine xoxo

Molly said...

You have a great blog, and thanks for the comment on my blog