Tuesday, February 8, 2011

This Boy's Fire . . . Jennifer Lopez and Carlos Santana


Carlos Santana has a way of bringing his unique sound and style to his collaborations with other artists.  This collaboration with Jennifer Lopez, This Boy's Fire, is one of my favorites.  Mexican rapper Baby Bash is also featured on the song.

"This Boy's Fire" is the second single from Santana's compilation album, Ultimate Santana.  The single, co-written by Carlos Santana and Jennifer Lopez, was released on March 28, 2008.


The following video is one that I created 
. . . a fan tribute to two of my favorite artists.







What does this song have to do with Valentine's Day?


I had just discovered this song and the music website, Blip.  At the same time, I had met an awesome guy on Twitter who was nothing to me but an avatar of skull and crossbones.  But there was something about his personality that came through on those limited characters.  We became awesome friends, moving away from limited characters to emails to get to know each other better.  The email turned to chat . . . chat turned to phone calls . . . phone calls turned to plane trips and visits . . . all that turned into forever.


It is one of those songs that reminds me of a specific place and time in my life.  And it was one of the most wonderful times of my life . . . I think of our beginnings every time I hear this song.






This post is linked to the following music blog hops/memes:






Adventures in Estrogen
Photobucket

and Lady Java's Music Monday


Come join Music Monday and share your songs with us. Rules are simple. Leave ONLY the ACTUAL LINK POST here and grab the code below and place it at your blog entry. You can grab this code at LadyJava's Lounge Please note these links are STRICTLY for Music Monday participants only. All others will be deleted without prejudice. PS: Because of spamming purposes, the linky will be closed on Thursday of each week at midnight, Malaysian Time. Thank you!

9 comments:

Lady Estrogen said...

Thanks again for linking up! That's so fab that you've done a whole blog about music - that's dedication! x

Lorie Shewbridge said...

What a great song... Santana is a fabulous guitarist! I had the privilege of seeing him in concert about 8 years ago and was truly amazed.
What a great compilation on your video, you have such great talen.
Thank you for linking up to our meme and putting our button on your sidebar.
I am now following you on GFC and Network Blogs. Hope you continue to link up with us each Monday.
Enjoy the rest of your week.

Con Artist Trickster said...

Hi. I know it's kinda late but, happy MM to you! :)

A Mom's Take said...

Thanks for joining in on the Good Friends Blog Hop! I'm now following you! I have lots of great giveaways going on that end on Thursday! Be sure to stop by!
http://www.amomstake.com

amber01sw said...

I found you on the FREE HOT SAMPLES WEDNESDAY SOCIAL BZZZ I am your newest GFC follower.If you could check out my blog and follow me back I would appreciate it. Thanks Amber
http://dragonflysweetnest.blogspot.com/

SchmoobleeSaver said...

I'm a new GFC follower. I came across your blog on the Wednesday Blog Hop.

I would love if you followed me back! Check out my savings blog! http://www.schmoobleesaves.com

Thanks, look forward to your posts.

♥ Gabrielle

Namz said...

Nice one. Happy MM!

saraH said...

i'm your newest follower via the blog hop! what a lovely blog you have!

http://jaynsarah.blogspot.com

LadyJava said...

Wow you met someone online too? Awesome.. i met my hubs from yahoo chat.. dont you just love the internet.. ;)

Great choice and happy MM!
LJ