Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Wish I Could Fly ~ Roxette





"The sound of his voice plays over and over in my head. It happens when his phone call wakes me from a beautiful dream . . . can't get him off my mind. "Wish I Could Fly" is how I'm feeling . . . the song fits my mood . . . I wake up in a dream."


Excerpt from one of my blogs



Halfway through the night
I wake up in a dream
Echoes in my head
Make every whisper turn into a scream

lyrics from the song
Wish I Could Fly
by Roxette


~ Wish I Could Fly | Roxette ~


This song takes me back to a particular moment in time . . . recent time that I sometimes can't get out of my head. As I listened to one of my favorite playlists of the awesome music of Roxette, one of my favorite groups of all time, it took me back to that morning.

Isn't it awesome how a song can take us back to a moment in time with such clarity? Maybe it is just me since I am such a music freak . . .

"Make every whisper turn into a scream" . . . a long lost love from the past comes back to my life, we talk on the phone and go back in time, falling in love all over again as time goes on . . . the anticipation of his touch made me want to scream . . . I can so relate to the words of this song!

If you love the group Roxette as much as I do, click on the tag "Roxette" for more posts featuring their songs . . . they are one of my favorites from the 80's.




"Wish I Could Fly"
Roxette

Halfway through the night
I wake up in a dream
Echoes in my head
Make every whisper turn into a scream

I dreamed I could fly
Out in the blue
Over this town
Following you
Over the trees
Subways and cars
I'd try to find out
Who you really are

In the middle of the night
Cool sweatin' in my bed
Got the windows open wide
Thinkin' about all the things you said

I wish I could fly
Out in the blue
Over this town
Following you
I'd fly over rooftops
The great boulevards
To try to find out
Who you really are
Who you really are

I wish I could fly now
Wish I could fly now
Wish I could fly now

I wish I could fly
Around and around
Over this town
The dirt on the ground
I'd follow your course
Of doors left ajar
To try to find out
Who you really are
To try to find out
Who you really are



No comments: