Tuesday, March 24, 2009

The Cars ~ Just What I Needed ~ 1978 The Midnight Special



Just What I Needed is one of my favorite songs ever . . . and Benjamin Orr, OMG my favorite man ever ever ever, the most beautiful voice ever . . . with those eyes and black leather pants.

Having been to hundreds of concerts in my lifetime, The Cars are my favorite concert band . . . they sounded as good in concert as in their studio recordings. I'll write about my favorite concert tour on another post . . . the Door to Door tour.

The Cars on The Midnight Special in 1978 must have marked one of their first television appearances since back in the day there were not many television shows that featured live rock and roll bands.

This is a classic performance and Ben never looked so gorgeous . . .

5 comments:

Lin said...

Hey, isn't he dead now? I thought I remembered that he died. I loved The Cars!!

Gina Alfani said...

Hey Lin . . . yes, he died in 2000 of pancreatic cancer :(

Thanks for visiting and commenting . . . The Cars are one of my favorite bands ever!

FishHawk said...

Watching The Midnight Special was the highlight of most weeks for me back then. Yeah, I led a rather pathetic life, but it was still great show.

Gina Alfani said...

Hey FishHawk, The Midnight Special was a such a treat for music junkies . . .

Debralee said...

Gina,

We are looking for music bloggers for our new site http://twolia.com. You would be great! we also have a shop to sell your stuff. If interested email me at debralee at twolia.com. my personal blog is http://helpinahandbag.blogspot.com or twolianews.blogspot.com
I look forward to hearing from you. Just check out the site!!