Friday, July 25, 2008

Julian Lennon - Valotte - 1984






His debut recording, Valotte, debuted in 1984 . . . the son of John Lennon came on the music scene with much fanfare and his music did not disappoint . . . it was fabulous. Actually, I personally enjoyed it much more than the solo music of John Lennon.

Valotte is one of my all time favorite recordings . . . and my featured song, Too Late For Goodbyes, is one of my all time favorite songs. This is the extended version . . . as you can probably tell from my playlists, I love dance remixes and extended versions of my favorite songs.

I've wondered what it was about Julian Lennon that kept him from being the huge commercial success that he should have been. Not because he is John Lennon's son, although with those creative genes running through his blood, he has to be boiling over with tons of awesome tunes to knock our socks off.

Being the gambler than I am, I'd put money on him coming back with some staying power . . . maybe he was too young and possibly too rich and immature the first time around. There is something to be said about having that burning desire and need to succeed, not only for the creative endeavor, but to survive. We all know this guy will never have to worry about making money . . .



Julian Lennon's MySpace page,
click here


His official website,
click here









No comments: