Thursday, May 1, 2008

Madonna reigns supreme



This complicated life
I tried to do my best
I always tell myself
It's all just a test
For me it's an escape
For dancing makes you beautiful

lyrics from "Heartbeat"



Madonna is like a fine wine that only gets better as time passes. Her new release, Hard Candy, is one of her best . . . well, I say that about all of them . . . maybe it is because they are all awesome.

Since she arrived on the scene back in the 80's, Madonna has remained one of my favorites . . . even through those bizarre days when she walked through the streets naked, had a photographer take photos of her and made it into a book. Although I am a bit too conservative to appreciate Madonna's wild days complete with "erotica" videos that were even too risque for MTV, I still admire and appreciate her free spirit attitude.

She was testing us as a society . . . and it makes me sad that she set a standard that only became more raunchy and tolerated as normal for those who followed.

Despite what anyone thinks of her antics personally, she is a tremendously talented entertainer who is absolutely timeless. I've played Hard Candy over and over again and I still can't get enough of it . . . it is that good. Heartbeat is one of my favorites with musical hooks that grabbed me and have not let go.

If you are a Madonna fan, rush out and get her latest release . . . you will feel the music in your heartbeat and make you want to get up and dance.


No comments: