Saturday, March 21, 2009

I'm Still Breathing - Toni Braxton




~ I'm Still Breathing | Toni Braxton ~




This is one of those songs that I can listen to over and over again and never get tired of it . . . one of the most awesome songs of all time . . . I'm Still Breathing . . . Toni Braxton is one of those singers for me . . . her music is awesome.

I'm Still Breathing is from the album "The Heat" released in April 2000. As usual, my favorite songs are the B-sides . . . this song was never released as a single.

I dedicate it to all you arrogant dudes and dudettes who think that your woman or man will crumble and die without you . . . tears dry, hearts heal and we go on . . .

There were times in my life where the situation was a painful struggle, I'm not just talking about love or relationships, but the things that happen in life to really upset us. We deal with it as individuals, every one of us in different ways, but in the end when the tears have dried, we have learned another one of life's painful lessons . . . we pick up the pieces and keep going . . . still breathing.






I'M STILL BREATHING
LYRICS


Did you think my life would end that day

That you walked out when you broke my heart

Did you think I couldn't make it through

Ooh, without you


Did you think you'd stop my world with goodbye, oh no

Did you think I'd crumble inside



Chorus


Not me, I'm still breathing

And this heart of mine is still beating

I, I'm not feeling any pain

No baby, not me, I'm still breathing

This old heart of mine is still beating


The tears I cried have dried

You are gone and I survived

I'm still breathing



There were times when it took all my strength

To just get though, yeah, through another day

There were so many nights I thought I was gonna die

Without you

But the tears I cried somehow made me strong, so strong

Did you think I couldn't go on


Chorus


You tried to cut me down, cut me down baby

But look who's still around, hey oh

Without you

Did you think you'd stop my world with goodbye, no baby

Did you think I'd crumble, just crumble inside


Chorus


The tears I cried have dried

You are gone and I survived

I'm still breathing


No comments: