Friday, August 13, 2010

Pamela ~ Awesome Music from Turkey



Some music from around the world . . . today's blog . . . Turkey . . . Pamela Spence ~ you will never think of middle eastern music the same again . . .

I've mentioned that I have discovered middle eastern music and there is some that I really love. Recently, I had a computer crash and lost a lot of my middle eastern music I had collected during the past couple of years. Some of it I had backed up and put on cd, but for some reason my favorite music was nowhere to be found. To make matters worse, the website I got all my middle eastern music from was no longer online. The others were in arabic, which I can't read.

This one artist in particular drove me nuts because I absolutely loved her music and could not find it anywhere, and I have looked for months . . . I'll call it arabic punk rock . . . all I knew is that she was from Turkey. Call it determination, but finally . . . I found it was Pamela I have been looking for . . . Pamela absolutely rocks . . . she is like Gwen Stefani meets Blondie!

Within Turkey, she is popularly known by her first name only . . . Pamela.

Born in Germany . . . parents British American father and a Turkish mother . . . sings in Turkish, a language she learned at 15, after her family moved to Turkey. In addition to her solo career, she has collaborated with a number of other music artists including Teoman and has acted in several musicals.

Pamela's Official Website



















6 comments:

Anonymous said...

People from turkey are turks, they don't speak Arabic.

Gina Alfani said...

Thank you for letting me know . . . I'm not politically correct as far as the terminology for all the people of the world . . . I just know I love all people and their music :-)

vibramusica said...

niche music blog.. keep post bro. .!

vibramusica said...

niche music blog, keep blogging fren!

Burciko said...

WOW! I didn't know Pam had worldwide fans!! I love Pamela as well!!!

Gina Alfani said...

She is awesome . . . love her music :-)