Monday, January 1, 2007

Best songs of 2006




UPDATE ON October 13, 2010 . . . this post is one reason I have begun the practice of copying articles directly to my post AND providing the source.  Not because I am "stealing content" . . . these websites change content and remove articles that are interesting even years later . . . at least they are in my opinion . . . now no one knows what the hell my post is talking about . . . so why did I even bother linking to their website?


Contrary to what the following says . . . don't click on the magazine cover to the to the article . . . apparently they are too big to care about links to their content . . .



Click on the magazine cover to go to the page . . . see how their "best of" compares with yours.

Since I have discovered the internet, I'm very guilty of not being "up" with the latest top 10 list and have no idea what is popular at a given time. I just drift through music that is new to me on playlists made by others on Rhapsody Music Service and cruise MySpace for awesome new bands and singers I have never heard of that are leaping out of my computer screen, waiting to be discovered.

Having said that . . . some of the songs listed on the list I've never heard of . . . so . . . it will be a good time to catch up on what mainstream music lovers were listening to last year as I contemplate the clean slate of a new year staring at me in the face. I've always found New Years Day to be a very optimistic day . . .

Happy New Year to everyone . . . whatever you do, keep the music playing . . .

No comments: