Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Strange Magic ~ ELO

Jeff Lynne has to be one of the most talented entertainers and songwriters of our time. Electric Light Orchestra aka ELO was one of my first concerts when I was in my late teens or early twenties and they were just starting out. They were the opening act for the Edgar Winter Group. It was one of the best concerts I ever went to . . . back in the day it didn't get wild out in the crowd, an outstanding time to be a music lover and enjoy a concert without a cherry bomb flying by. Actually, I had vaguely heard of them and was blown away by the awesome and unusual sound that is distinctly ELO and the writing style of Jeff Lynne.

It was such an awesome way to make a musical discovery that is still with me today . . . and music and my love of music . . . the way it has soothed my soul through the seasons of my life and how a song becomes part of a memory or a time in my life . . .

One of my favorite songs of all time by one of my favorite singer/songwriters. Jeff Lynne still has the magic . . . the first video is from a fairly recent concert. It is the mark of an excellent musician who can sound awesome live and make a song that was popular decades ago sound better than back in the day . . . without studio magic.

Strange Magic ~ Live ~ 2004



Thanks to "anonymous" for the link to "Wilbury Twist" for updates on Jeff Lynne and other Traveling Wilburys members:
http://www.frontiernet.net/~sbacchetta/blog/

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Nice post. I'm glad to hear others spreading the word. You should also check out the Wilbury Twist blog for updates on Jeff Lynne -

http://www.frontiernet.net/~sbacchetta/blog/